Using a case management company such as Injury Specialists, LLC is beneficial as it relates to the coordination of necessary medical appointments. We have most medical specialists you will need in Network.  Your medical paperwork is also taken care of.  You will not need to be concerned about finding Doctors who work on a medical lien and will wait for payment.  Not all Doctors or facilities work on a lien and will expect payment from you at the time of service. Also expect rapid, efficient scheduling should you need multiple Doctors.

Your medical bills will be paid by the individuals 3rd party insurance who is responsible for the accident.  The state of Arizona requires drivers to carry a minimum of $15,000.00/$30,000.00 of insurance coverage to pay for any accident  the insured party causes.  Each individual in the non-fault vehicle can get up to $15,000.00 to cover medical treatment, lost wages and pain and suffering.  Also, your insurance policy may have uninsured motorist and underinsured motorist coverage.  This is used to offset the cost of your medical care.  For instance, if you have medical costs that exceed the at-fault driver’s policy limits, your underinsured motorist coverage may pick up the difference.  All of our medical providers and facilities work on a lien basis so there will be no out of pocket cost for you.

A medical lien is a simple and effective way to ensure that Doctors, hospitals etc who provided medical care will get paid for their services.  Personal injury or medical liens are legal encumbrances that relate only to the accident settlement. In Arizona a healthcare provider’s right to file a lien to ensure payment is created by statute, as a promise for you to pay for your accident medical care with the proceeds of the insurance settlements.

Yes, getting a reputable attorney who is proficient in personal injury is recommended.  A good attorney will be able to handle your case from onset to settlement allowing you to concentrate on getting well.

You generally do not need to give a recorded statement nor should you talk about your injuries with the insurance company of the at-fault party until you are released from your doctor’s care.  At the scene of the accident, exchange insurance information and contact information with the at-fault party.  Going forward, keep track of your expenses and time lost from work related to the accident.

On the day of the accident take photos of the vehicles, your visible injuries and the accident scene if possible. Should you not choose to hire an attorney call your insurance agent and the at fault parties insurance agent and report the accident in case the at-fault party does not report to his agent.  You may be entitled to payment of medical bills (med pay) through your insurance. Your own car insurance may also apply if the other driver does not have insurance or if there is not enough insurance (uninsured and underinsured motorists)

Med Pay covers the medical payments of all passengers in your vehicle up to the stated amount in the policy if they are injured.  PIP is an extension of car insurance available in some U.S. states that covers medical expenses and in some cases lost wages and other damages.  Arizona does not have PIP coverage.  Med Pay covers medical care in a timely fashion and is not dependent upon settlement of the case.  Med Pay is an option you may or may not have taken at the inception of your automobile policy.  Ask your agent whether you chose that option.

In situations where the at-fault driver does have minimal bodily injury limits, underinsured motorist coverage UIM can stack on top of the at fault driver’s minimal bodily injury limits to provide additional coverage.  UIM coverage gives you a chance to recover more for your personal injury.  Arizona personal injury attorneys recommend purchasing this additional coverage.

Uninsured motorist coverage UM is another type of coverage to protect you in the event that the at-fault driver does not have insurance.  It is recommended to purchase this coverage to insure that your medical care is paid for when an uninsured driver causes the accident.

Yes, you should contact the police so a police report can be written.  After the report has been prepared, you can get a copy of the report from the Department Records Section at the Department of Public Safety, 2102 W. Encanto Blvd., Phoenix, Arizona or fax the request to (602) 223-2945.  In the event the police are not called get the insurance information from the other party, contact information for everyone involved in the accident and the names and addresses of any witnesses.

Most personal injury damages are classified as compensatory meaning they are intended to compensate the injured plaintiff for what was lost due to the accident/injury.  A compensatory damage award is meant to make the injured plaintiff “whole” again.  Being paid the value of your pain and suffering is one of the values of a competent personal injury attorney.

The insurance companies look closely at this and feel an injured person should and will seek medical attention within 72 hours after the injury.  A “delay in treatment” would be a serious mistake.  Don’t delay and risk your health and your case.  No pain on the day of the accident is not indicative of whether you were hurt.  The pain will start to catch up to you as you begin to use the now damaged body part or muscles in your daily activities.  At least a good primary care evaluation with an M.D. is advisable.  Please remember many M.D.’s are not adept at evaluating and treating personal injury cases therefore it is further advisable to contact us and avail yourself to Doctors that are competent in evaluating and treating injury cases.